The Ellsworth Farmers Exchange is offering two college scholarships of $1,500 each for students who meet the following criteria: Eligible candidates must be a child, grandchild, guardian child, niece, or nephew of a cooperative stockholder (voting member) and must have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0. Eligible candidates will be continuing their education at a four year college or university, accredited two year institution, or trade school. Special consideration will be given to applicants who are seeking a degree in an agricultural related field of study.
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, you must do the following:
- Complete the enclosed application.
- Ask your principal to complete the enclosed report, place it in a sealed envelope with his or her signature across the seal.
- Obtain and include a letter of recommendation from a teacher.
- Obtain and include a personal letter of recommendation from a non-relative. Letter must indicate relationship to applicant.
- Enclose letter of acceptance from the institution you are planning to attend.
- Include an official high school transcript.
- Complete essay (not to exceed 500 words). What was the most difficult time in your life and why? How did your perspective on life change as a result of the difficulty?
- Place all of the above materials in a large envelope and send or deliver to the Ellsworth Farmers Exchange PO Box 98, 6509 Center St. Ellsworth, MI 49729. Attn: Tim Underwood.
The scholarship is a one-time sum that will be paid upon proof of a successful first semester of college (Fall 2019). The Scholarship Committee will consider all applications received by 5:00 p.m. May 29, 2019. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. The recipients will be notified May 31, 2019.